ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just purchased an 87 N/A that I am in the process of stripping down to nothing. It is currently red and I am transforming it to black. The engine is coming out and bay will be painted black. I will then be installing a 93 N/A engine and 5-speed transmission into it.

I would like to see some pics of some nice black Z31's.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Its a LOT cheaper and easier to just put a VG30ET in.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
I have a black 86T lets see if I can find some pix.....

·
Registered
362 Posts
Click on "My car" is this post im posting...lol
And dont when you are painting chrome or aluminum, make sure to scuff it with some 300-400 grit sandpaper or the paint will peel

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
If you're going to go through that whole hassle of swapping in a VG30DE, why not just +TT and make it really fast. I mean your gonna have to swap all the electronics, tranny all that ****. Waste of time if you're not going to turbo it since a VG30ET makes 200hp and VG30DE makes 222...

·
Registered
2,953 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts

Not the best angle, but its the only pic I have....

In an Australian model, so it looks a little diff lights wise.

86T 2+2

·
Registered
662 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Guys. I know everyone says to do th TT thing. I TT'd my Z32 so I have an N/A engine with 50K sitting in the garage with no home. I have ECU, harness, engine and tranny. I'm good to go. Thanks again for the pics!

·
Premium Member
9,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks AZ, just what I was looking for.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
yo SportsdriverGT
whats with the gloves man????

seeing all these Black Z's makes me wana puke!!!! reminds me of my black Z that I sold, I remember leaving the car wash with the car looking pimpin, 5 minutes later it looks like sh*t again!!! that is one tough color to keep clean

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
they are driving gloves. I wear them when I go for long drives like the day those pix were taken. They have padding on the palms that make it more comfortable to grip the wheel for extended periods of time. thats the only time I wear them. its not a fashion thing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.