ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
161 - 180 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
yeah....she stole our cookies and milk and called us poopie heads. I for one now truly believe girls have cooties.

·
Registered
188 Posts
*Shakes head* This thread has come really close to making me embarrassed of my gender...

Mandy, they're not giving you crap because you're a girl. I'm female and haven't managed to get this kind of crap on ANY of the forums I post to.

I could explain it, but I think that would be wasting my time.

After reading this thread, there are many reasons why I feel you should not get a Z, but your statement here is the one that says it the best:
"it was a fast car but i really don't want it anymore...too much work"

You haven't seen work till you've owned a TT Z. And you haven't seen a ridiculously cramped engine bay until you've popped the hood on a Z. The mechanics who worked on my last car refuse to touch my Z.

Good luck to you in your decision, but you will be wasting your money on the Z, since you'll quickly discover that a 10-16 year old sport car with tons of tech crammed into it spends a lot of time in the garage, eating time and money; it will quickly follow the path of the TSI.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hi Dave. :) You are the only person I've heard say "the Z's engine bay isn't too bad." ... You must be a masochist. Or have little tiny arms with three extra joints in them. ;-)

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Actually i own a vette also.......Thats fucking horrible just changing out spark plugs.....i have to get the back 4 from underneath the car....The other 4 with an extension and the duct tape method..

Post Edited (Aug 5, 10:25am)

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Actually i own a vette also.......Thats fucking horrible just changing out spark plugs.....i have to get the back 4 from underneath the car....The other 4 with an extension and the duct tape method..

·
Registered
10,805 Posts
Posting > YOU.

Though I agree the Z's engine bay isnt that bad. You just have to take your time and not get frustrated. Oh and dont ever fucking drop a damned thing in it. Sorry I still have pent up anger about all the things ive dropped into my engine bay and lost for hours at a time.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have to say the engine bay isn't too bad, either, once you get some experience. But opening it the first time is definitely intimidating. And I was truly shocked when my mechanics told me they absolutely would not change the timing belt, or really much else on it, for that matter. So I did it myself. ;-)

But dropping things - yeah, not a good idea! Though I did find a nut after weeks of driving - it managed somehow to sit on top of a support until I found it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
Okay, I think we did start off wrong everyone and I'm sorry. I left because I wanted to go get lunch but I'm back. But ya I don't know what to say because this will probably be the last day I'm on this site anyway. I don't have the internet at my house n this job was a temp job this is my last day sooo....

·
Registered
188 Posts
That's big of you to come back and apologize. Too bad you don't have an internet connection - if I didn't have these Z forums for resources, owning my Z would be 10 times more difficult. For your own sanity, reconsider your idea.

·
Registered
10,805 Posts
So get the internet at your house. If you buy a Z you want the internet or you want MaxDoc and Z-Addict to be your neighbors. So I have this weird feeling the later isnt happening. Though speaking of dropping things in the engine bay it took my two days to install a nitrous kit on my Z because of the two bolts I dropped that I had to have. Though the one that fell in the intake piping proved to be the one that about made me go nuts.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
LoLz, trust me I know what I'm getting myself into, I'm not afraid to fix my own car, I always do it, and the reason I said the tsi was too much work is because I have a one year old son to worry about now

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
I read this entire post. I feel a little tired, and sad, and kinda sick like when you see a car wreck on the highway and you know somebody got hurt.

At any rate, I wanted to say a couple things to dreamin_of_a_zx:

Nobody is flaming you because you're a girl. We have had many females post on Zcar.com and they are all welcome. Some people took offense to your borderline insult of a long-time member's car, and that you seemingly refused to search for info. Also, you immediately played the "You hate me because I'm a girl and you don't think I know anything about cars" card. That bothers almost all of us. You kind of made it look like you DON'T know anything about the Z when you compared it to a FWD/AWD 4 cylinder car. Your post a few lines down about looking for a Z in the Maine area showed how you would normally be treated, which is very well, if you don't insult other Z owners and put your nose in the air when we help you by telling you that SEARCH can answer most, if not all, of your initial questions. At any rate, if you really want a 300ZX, I say continue to SEARCH for info on this site, and post any specific questions or comments that you might have, and you'll fit right in. Continue to tell people that their car is "trash," continue to refuse to search for questions that have been answered dozens of times, continue to compare the Z32 with cars that are nothing like it, and you will continue to get flamed.

·
Registered
10,805 Posts
Well, the Z should be more reliable then the TSI and actually shouldnt be to much harder to work on. It really just takes getting used to. Certainly not something you want to tackle blind though.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Not to mention you'll still have that one-year-old son around when you want to work on the Z... Some of my projects have stretched out over days, and I don't have any kids.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #178
Ya, I suppose it would be harder, if u say it has no arm room i remember looking at the sti thinking i would want to pick up that car and throw it if i ever had to work on it, so ya i can understand it would take some getting used to. But if I want to open my business I need to learn to be patient with any car and to research and do ALL the work myself. I just changed one of my axles a few weeks ago myself, that to me, was pretty tough. So I'm getting there. And I might not buy a ZX this year but once my son gets a little older and more independant I will have more time to spend with my car, which cars are no doubt my second love next to my son! My first "sporty" car was a civic which I know is not really classified as a sports car but it was my first standard and all and I loved it so much. I decided to sell it n get something bigger for my son though. But anyway, I'm sure you all don't want to know my life story....

·
Registered
678 Posts
Man, I didn't think this thread would get so much attention...Wow.

161 - 180 of 180 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.