ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i just bought an 85 300zx, and it doesnt run...It is stripped down to the heads because of a broken head bolt...Got it for $500...And i was told it runs when everything will be put back together....Not a problem there.....But as im looking at the Engine bay im feeling the need to do a v-8 swap...350 engine in a 300zx....So does anyone know if they make conversion kits yet? i found several for older Z's....Or any advice...Is the Rearend able to handle 400ish hp? or do i need to replace whole driveshaft?...Not even worried with computer probably going carbs anyway...Any advice is welcomed!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
you will be designing and fabricating your own mounts for that one, there is no kit. the differential will stand up to an sbc. of course you wont be using the driveshaft from the z31. carburetor? why bother.

Post Edited (Mar 7, 8:48am)

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Not a lot of room to work withthere.

You didn't state whether or not it was a turbo but if it isn't you can swap a turbo into it and if it is there is a lot you can do to get that puppy hopping up to 350+ if you are willing to work it. Any other option will be a big waste of money and cause you a lot of mental anguish!!

-Stu85na

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
go check out <http://www.hybridz.org>

Many of them have done V8 installs into many different Z's. I'm sure they'd help you out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.