ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
> From your post I will assume your putting
> the turbo engine in as well.
> Ok, this is what you need:
> Complete 280ZX Turbo Engine(everything)
> Turbo Air Flow Meter
> Turbo Coil with POWER TRANSISTOR(won't run
> w/out)
> Vacuum Control Modulator
> Turbo Fuel Pump and Dampner
> Pump Control Modulator
> Fuel Pump Relay
> Computer Power Relay
> Entire ECCS Engine Management Sytem Wiring
> Harness. This is isolated from the rest of
> the ZX electircal except for maybe three
> connections.
> Turbo Downpipe all the way to the catylitic
> converter is suggested. Also, a free flowing
> exhaust system is critical to your engine
> performing well even in stock trim. Now you
> may not need the relays since this is going
> into a ZX. I have installed this set up in
> my 71' 240Z and it runs great! Can you say
> can o woopass! Even in stock form. Can't
> wait till I have money for mods ;-) I use a
> K&N conical airfilter intake with a 3 inch
> 90 degree mendel bent pipe. I have a 3inch
> exhaust system with mendrel bends and a
> Magnaflow straight thru 3 in/out
> muffler. Other items such as boost sensor
> are optional, and used for the boost which
> is also optional. There is also the matter
> of the oil cooler, I would suggest you use
> it if available. I however am not using it
> but I am sure it would be better to have one
> as oil in a turbo engine can get **** hot. I
> will eventually put in an aftermarket kit.
> In the mean time if you need or want to, you
> can remove the oil cooler adapter assemble
> and put the threads from a normally
> aspirated motor on there.
> Good luck, hope this helps.
> Later,
> Tim Deesen
> 71' 240ZT
> CA TS 240ZT

Hi Tim I have the entire listing you have and much more, I grabbed the entire wiring harness out of the ZXT . The L28et was an auto,I have heard the ECU's are different . I don't think I should have many probs making it work with my manual . I have a T3/T04E 57mm trim turbo for it, I am looking for an intercooler, and should start on the transplant into my 78Z in the spring . I was wondering what were the most difficult problems of your transplant . Any suggestions you would like to toss my way would be a big help . I also have the turbo manuals from Nissan .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
432 Posts
Re: Hey Clint

> Hi Tim I have the entire listing you have
> and much more, I grabbed the entire wiring
> harness out of the ZXT . The L28et was an
> auto,I have heard the ECU's are different .
> I don't think I should have many probs
> making it work with my manual . I have a
> T3/T04E 57mm trim turbo for it, I am looking
> for an intercooler, and should start on the
> transplant into my 78Z in the spring . I was
> wondering what were the most difficult
> problems of your transplant . Any
> suggestions you would like to toss my way
> would be a big help . I also have the turbo
> manuals from Nissan .

Clint, how are you routing your IC through the rad support? I can't figure out a way to get an IC and cold air to the turbo thru the support between the rad and the fender well. it's easy on 240's because they don't have the big bumper shock brackets.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HEIDI HO TIM (intercooler piping)

> Clint, how are you routing your IC through
> the rad support? I can't figure out a way to
> get an IC and cold air to the turbo thru the
> support between the rad and the fender well.
> it's easy on 240's because they don't have
> the big bumper shock brackets.

Well I dont have the intercooler yet but I am going to run 2.25 through the air cleaner hole and a K&N will bolt directly to AFM . It will be tricky but I have seen this done . How did you mount your AFM, with ZX bracket ?? If you know of anyone with a starion i/c or bigger let me know. I also put a 3.7 LSD out back to controll the new power .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
432 Posts
Re: HEIDI HO TIM (intercooler piping)

> Well I dont have the intercooler yet but I
> am going to run 2.25 through the air
> cleaner hole and a K&N will bolt directly to
> AFM . It will be tricky but I have seen this
> done . How did you mount your AFM, with ZX
> bracket ?? If you know of anyone with a
> starion i/c or bigger let me know. I also
> put a 3.7 LSD out back to controll the new
> power .

Clint, I eliminated the AFM with an Accel DFI. now my filter (BIG K&N) is strapped directly to the turbo. I want cold air from out in front of the radiator. But Corky Bell tells me I don't need a cold air intake if I have an IC. I believe him. It just seems even more efficient to use ambient air to the turbo if you can get it. if you fastened your air filter to your AFM, doesn't it draw hot air from behind the radiator???
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top