ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My clutch is starting to slip, and I read on a previous post that the turbo unit may work. What's all involved in this?? Clutch is one thing that I've never done or even looked at before, so this is new ground for me. The turbo clutch is bigger, and aperantly better, so does it cost much more than the smaller na?? FYI, my car is an 83 na 5 spd, bone stock. Also, are you supposed to be abled to push the clutch in with one finger?? Seems way too light to me, but then again I learned standard on a three ton truck My clutch has always been really light, and slipping bad when hot lately, but fine when it's cold. Mabee there's other things going on in there (pressure plate??). Thanx in advance guys.

Dylan

· Registered
1,047 Posts
datsun/nissan clutches are really universal. it will fit ur car. i put a 300zx turbo clutch on my 88' 4 cylinder nissan truck. the only reasion i did this is becasue i already had the clutch and it didn't cost me anything. to my suprize it works fine.
they are easy to install. fairly self explanitory. u just have to buy a clutch alinment tool. it's like $3.00

· Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What do you think of my super light pressure clutch?? sometimes the little bit of friction in the linkage is enough to prevent it from returning out!!! So a 300 zx turbo clutch may work for me too... I wonder wich one is the sturdyest??? It sounds like I have alot of options to toy with.

Dylan

· Registered
7,392 Posts
Get an after market performance clutch kit. I think thier around $150 if you go to the right place.

JT

· Registered
402 Posts
Turbo Clutch Won't Fit!

The turbo clutch won't fit your flywheel. You would have to put on the turbo or 2+2 240mm flywheel. It's drilled for the larger bolt pattern of the turbo/2+2 pressure plate. A good quality stock replacement n/a clutch should do the job for you. Make sure you have the flywheel surfaced,replace the throw out & pilot bearings,and take it easy on the clutch for the first few hundred miles & it will live a long life.

· Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Turbo Clutch Won't Fit!

Thanx guys, I think i'll stick with the na clutch, consitering the salvage is under 6" of snow, and that's not much fun when ya gotta crawl under a car and pull things apart, and I'm way too broke to do anything new that is not absolutely necessary. I'll see how she feels with the engine back together, mabee I can limp it through the winter, consitering I've got something else to drive. Thanx,

Dylan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.