ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That sensor next to the water temp sender, what does it do? I think it tells the ECU if the engine is warm or not,right? Any ideas on how to check it. I am steadily trying to track down my fuel burning problem, and this is my next step. Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ant

·
Registered
751 Posts
The thermotime switch basically works when your engine is cold to send a signal to your cold start valve, causing it to operate and enrich your fuel mixture during start-up. If your car starts fine, it's probably not the problem. A quick check when your engine is COLD is to disconnect the connector at the cold start valve, attach a test light to it, and see if the light comes on as you crank your car. It should light up for just a few seconds.
Now the water temperature sensor (not the sender) is a different story. It DOES tell your ECU that your engine is cold, causing fuel enrichment. To test it, you'll have to measure resistance values through the switch at different temperatures. You should have a service manual for this.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.