ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know that it turns on the cold start injector,or at least i think it does.if that is what it does what does it do after the car is started and running.does it tell the ecu any thing.and temperature sending unit does it have any thing to do with the fuel injection system.could the thermotime switch make a 76 280z run rich if the cold start injector unpluged.thanks for all the help

· Registered
426 Posts
The Thermotime switch is a temperature switch that turns on the Cold Start valve during startup when the engine temperature is cold enough. This system is only powered during start, so it should not give you a rich condition unless the cold start valve is faulty and leaking. The Thermotime also has a heater in it to prevent flooding if the engine doesn't start right away. If you crank for a while, the heater opens the switch after a short time and turns off the cold start valve.

A rich condition is more likely caused by the engine temperature sensor or a bad connection at the sensor.

Dave

· Registered
2,096 Posts
i highly recommend checking out your temperature sensor, my sensor was good but the connections were bad so my car ran like sheeeeeeite until i replaced the connector.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.