ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i was planning on replacing my thermostat this weekend cuz the car is heating up to quick and everything, anyways i was wondering if anyone has any advice for me, like do i need any special tools or anything this is my first real "lil project". just me and my chilton and haynes manual that it other than that have very little knowledge so anything is appreciated thanks

·
Registered
880 Posts
i believe the back bolt on the housing was kind of hard to get to for me.. other than that it was easy. i think i used 1/4 drive ratchet with a universal to get that back bolt. just take your time, it will be alright. good luck

oh and coolant will come out of the hoses when you pulled them off, be prepared

·
Registered
275 Posts
your web site

hey i looked at your web site and i was wondering how much that blow off valve cost and your cold air intake cost? im getting $1000 from selling my old car and was wondering what i should get with that. I have an 1984 AE 300zx

thanks

·
Registered
880 Posts
Re: your web site

if you are talking about my car. my intake is nothing but a polished 90 degree pipe with a 45 dollar k&n filter on the end of it. 3" i believe. the apexi twin chamber bov was like 200.. not sure. they have them for like 150 plus on ebay. if your a/e is stock, i would do a huge tune-up.. make it run like it should from the factory first. then , exhaust, intake, bov, manual boost controller, boost gauge, this should be a huge jump from the stock setup..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.