ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I made a sort of pointless trip of about 6 hours round trip to go pick up a window switch for $25 bucks that ended up having a passenger window problem. In the end I wasted a tank of gas and about 6 or 7 hours of my time but I don't really mind. I really went because I've never gone on a trip by myself. Anyway. I ended up seeing 2 other z31's (one on the way there and one on the way back). I found myself speeding just to be able to drive around them. The first guy was a blue 1987-89 and was very casual. I moved to the side and allowed him to pull up next to me. We kinda looked @ eachother for a second, and then somehow I lost track of him after that. The 2nd guy, was in a 87-89 silver z31. He was driving with what appeared to be his son. Again, I pulled over to allow him to pull up next to me and get a good look at eachother, but instead he floored it an was going 85 in a 65 zone. He wasn't trying to race me beacause he slowed down when there were cars in front of him. So I ended up pulling up next to him and we looked at eachother. Determined not to lose track of this guy I got behind him and he ended up leading me in the direction I was going anyway. But first chance he got he rocketed ahead again, and me not wanting to get a ticket stayed behind. But when he changed interstates, he was a good ways away. I came out from behind another car and clearly saw him do a gesture that lead me to beleive that I was not the only one who enjoyed driving around other z31's. Does anyone else get that feeling of fun when your driving with another random 300ZX beside you? (whether your racing him or not)

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
yes. I usually get a thumbs up or something to that effect. but my car is garage bound now and Im having honest to goodness withdrawl symptoms since I havent driven here in awhile.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Definitely.

I had a security guard in the mall parking lot turn his lights on like he wanted me to pull over about 2 weeks ago. I pulled over and he asked me if I knew how fast I was going. I said yeah - easy going - I was almost to my parking spot. He laughed and said he just wanted to talk to me about my z31 because he had owned 3 before. We ended up shooting the breeze on the z31's for about 1/2 hour :).

I saw 3 z31's down at the Lake of the Ozarks this weekend and one of them had a big spoiler that looked kind of goofy! It was an 84-86. The other 2 were 87-89.

I really enjoyed the short road trip in the Z!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.