Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Eu contraire, Z1_Zonly -

From Z1's NA-TT Swap Tech Page:

"3. The front steering racks look and fit exactly the same but they have different gear ratios inside
providing for more turn with less steering wheel travel in the NA which doesn’t have the rear
wheels to assist. But it isn’t something to change in a conversion."

·
Registered
518 Posts
I always thought my NA turned sharper than my TT does. My TT just feels far heavier and harder to control through the turns than my NA did. Now that I know part of the reason why, and I've already switched to the NA pump in my TT, I may go ahead and switch the racks too.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Ha! Another area where the NA shines! Remember that while the NA is not a lightweight at 3200 lbs (curb weight), it is a ballet dancer compared to the tubby and more front loaded TT - 3500+ lbs. Those turbos and all their plumbing add a big weight penalty. As does the HICAS system, which some of you deactivate. There was great constrenation when the Z32 TT arrived, since it was even heavier than the Corvette of that era.

The TT is more go and more thrill.....but give me an NA for the back roads and the wet, much more manageable with kinder more fool proof handling. Frankly, the true enthusiast is going to want one of each - for different roads, different moods.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
or you could drop a TT drivetrain into a slicktop and have the best (or even better) of both worlds ;)

·
Registered
14,442 Posts
i dont have HICAS on my car,but if i did,i wouldnt disable it.

the HICAS makes the TT feel like a razor sharp precision instrument.it is sort of weird feeling,because the car IS heavy,but doesnt feel like a boat.but soon you realize that at speed,the car is more nimble than what it should naturally be.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.