ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is the car i want to grab for my project :) ..bu unfortunately it seems to be stuck in a tow yard...i hope theyll be willing to sell it, but who knows when its involved with a tow yard place...it just kinda sux seeing this everyday if im not able to get it in the end :(

·
Registered
124 Posts
lol , I feel you!
The body shop I used to work for had a tow-yard near by, riding my bike home one afternoon I noticed a blue 88 Z. Wow.. From that day, every lunch break I had I would sit right outside where the car was sitting and ate my lunch starring at it lol.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Yes it definitley has that puppy in a pound look to it. you can almost see it wagging its tail hoping youll rescue it.

·
Registered
548 Posts
"What did I do to deserve this." I live about 7 miles from the Z Barn in Maryville, Tn. You can see all the Z31's from the road. Luckily it's on a side road I don't travel too often. I practically wreck my car trying to crane my neck to see what's new.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i just may have to talk to the towing yard.. beg to the towing yard.. Its deffinetly a car with a personality, i see my z everday and this car just seems different..my guess is slim to none the car runs, but if its a small (cheaper) fixable problem, that is MINE..unless of course some grunt at the yard wont let me have it..

ill get some better pics as well to show the condition. because it being in a junkyard seems ludacris, the thing is nearly meant...at least to what i can see..which leads me to think the left rear is f'd up, or the engine is complete toast..otherwise, i think i found my project

·
Registered
548 Posts
It's something you should look into for your own sanity. Starting to get scary if you go have lunch with a car everyday! Either it's a rat or anyone interested thinks it's a rat and haven't asked about it. Be Brave. Check it out.

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
yeah, theres this 93' TT that i drove by every day during the summer and its been sitting there for a couple years in this persons driveway. Went and talked to them and she said she might sell it. She also had an 85 NA. There house looks HORRIBLE and they weren't much better themselves, lol.

·
Registered
102 Posts
If you want to see a Sad Z come see the one in the Junkyard that ive gotten a few parts off of the thing was WRECKED and it looks like a Semi ran over the whole thing

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
i'll take pictures of my z if you want to see a sad z. it was in absolutely PERFECT condition, nice factory grey paint in prime condition. then by idiot brother backed his jeep into while i was behind him in the driveway. destroyed the bumper, a/c condenser, radiator, the hood, and slightly bent the front piece where the hood closes on and the headlights mount to. I ripped a hood and bumper cover off a rusted/oxydized blue zx in a junkyard, but have yet to fix the dings and dents in that hood and have it painted. it looks perfect from the back, but quite sad from the front.

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Why not use your current Z you already own and know to do your project with rather than buy a whole other one. Back when you used to talk about it, before you got the altima, you seemed to enjoy it. So what if it's a 2+2, with a good body kit from germany or japan it can look pretty nice.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ya its not bad...but i need the money as of now.. the alty has a small oil leak, and a wearing CV joint, and this sort of thing doesnt fly with me.. Also, the black one is having other problems, (i.e. no ac, neither windows work, its got 185k miles, many dents, fading paint, etc) so i figure i start fresh with a nice z :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.