ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i finished my reassembly of my engine and drivetrain i did the first assembly with the old clutch slave and master cyl. This worked well, but it tended to lose pressure (pumping would bring proper pedal feeling back). So I decided to replace my master and slave cylinder to fix the problem. The hose was replaced too. Now the pedal has about half the travel as free play and i have the fork on the master clyinder almost on the end of the screw. I put the first 500 miles on my car like this, but now it is really annoying. The clutch disengages right on the floor and disengages the second you budge your foot. I really miss the feel of the clutch from about 2 years ago.

god help me, thanks in advance-evan

·
Registered
625 Posts
> When i finished my reassembly of my engine
> and drivetrain i did the first assembly with
> the old clutch slave and master cyl. This
> worked well, but it tended to lose pressure
> (pumping would bring proper pedal feeling
> back). So I decided to replace my master and
> slave cylinder to fix the problem. The hose
> was replaced too. Now the pedal has about
> half the travel as free play and i have the
> fork on the master clyinder almost on the
> end of the screw. I put the first 500 miles
> on my car like this, but now it is really
> annoying. The clutch disengages right on the
> floor and disengages the second you budge
> your foot. I really miss the feel of the
> clutch from about 2 years ago.

> god help me, thanks in advance-evan
Evan make sure clutch master and slave cylinder has all the air bled out Did you try adjusting length of rod at pedal and at slave cylinder?? Hope this helps

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NORM read this

> Evan make sure clutch master and slave
> cylinder has all the air bled out Did you
> try adjusting length of rod at pedal and at
> slave cylinder?? Hope this helps

Norm-
I bled it several times and it still did it, the clutch master pushrod is almost at the end of the screw and it almost seems as if there is play in the master itself. This is the second on that behaves like this, the first one i returned as a defect. The pushrod at the slave looks to be adjusted correctly. No matter what i do the pedal still has alot of free play. im talkin inches to give you an idea.

Thanks for the response Norm

·
Registered
486 Posts
Re: NORM read this

This may help a little. On my brothers celica we have to replace the slave cylinder I think, maybe the master, but whatever it was we had to bleed the line again. We tried everything high and low, and finally called someplace after a couple days. What it ended up being was that we had to use a resevior for the fluid, to have a cup and a hose with the end under the surface of fluid. This made sure ALL the air was out, and it was fine. Try that, or even better yet use a vacuum pump and suck it out.
Good Luck,
Joshua L.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Re: NORM read this

> On the Datolet I had to replace the stock master with a Wilwood 7/8 unit. I took a short length of rigid brake line and put a triple bend in it to have one end attached to the master with the flare nut and the other of the line submerged in the fluid in the reservoir. It took a little over twenty cycles of the clutch pedal to clear all the air from the master. then I bled the system. mikey

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.