ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thank you Dennis and Mark for the info on JetHot.
Ive already had the cermachrome done locally, and I hope it works out. They list a curing temp. of 500 deg, only a 3 yr warranty, and a price of $220.Maybe some-day i'll learn to research before the purchase.The header looks great but no realtest yet,engine is still out till i finish engine bay paint.

BTW..... Does anyone no if I can scrap the heat sheild now that headers are coated?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Your Welcome and

Rawb,

Your welcome... let me know how it works out. The price is a bit cheaper... but add in shipping and there you are.

As for the heat shield, I would try it without and see how it works... If the carbs vapor lock... you'll know what to do.

Good Luck and Hope your engine is done soon!

Dennis

·
Registered
715 Posts
Heat sheild info

I have a ceramicoat header from pacesetter. I have run for the last 1000 miles without the sheild. It hasnt gotten real hot out yet though

Evan

·
Registered
11 Posts
RE: Heat sheild info

Removing the heat shield will probably not cause any problems, but it seems the heat shield directs air from the scoop towards the manifolds/engine (not sure how effective it is).

But.............
Now I'm thinking you probably don't have a hood scoup at all, so ignore what I just said if this is the case. Give it a try and see how it goes.
Hey, if in doubt, Jethot the heat shield. j/k

Good luck and let us know how you like the Jethot.
JEL
83ZX N/A
81ZXT project engine

·
Registered
364 Posts
Another thought....

RAWB,

Are you running carbs or FI... the reason I ask is because the headers will still emit some heat... not as much as before.... but if your running carbs.... it would be to your advantage to have the air they suck cool... Are you doing any forced air induction by way of running a tube from in front of the rad to your carbs or intake???

I think it would be a cleaner look without the shield... but think the shield could help control the temp of the air the intake is getting...

Help me out.... is it FI or carbed?

Cheers,
Dennis

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.