ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The temp gauge in my 88 turbo sometimes works and other times it well go up to temperature then drop down to zero. Anyone have this problem and how to fix it? ken

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
I have it. it seems to be very common on the 88-89 Z31s. no one knows why it does that. Someone have said they would try replacing the coolant temp sensor but no one ever reported back to let us know if it worked.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
I don't have my FSM with me, but if someone has it, they could trace the connection back from the dash.

I'm sure it's some sensor in the engine block.

·
Registered
168 Posts
CTS is in the passenger head, between the first and second fuel injectors. Easy to see and easy to remove. I have the same problem, and it continues even though I've replaced the sensor, though (see thread below). If that happens to you after replacement, it seems the best advice you'll get afterwards is to "smack the console a couple of times", so I hope the replacement works!

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
One was a rhetorical question. One was a misleading question.
Here's another question. What do the injectors and CTS mount into, the cylinder heads or the intake manifold? Clueless gimps.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
clown: I thought that was the 212 sensor for the extra electric fan on the front of turbo z31's?

And sorry, by block I meant engine, DOH!

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Where used, the 212F (100C) fan switch lives on the LHS of the intake manifold, near #2 spark plug.
Come on kids, it's not rocket science.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.