ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an 87 turbo and when i turn on the car the temp gauge goes straight to operating temp (perfectly in the middle) and just stays there, it never moves not even when im driving and get on it what does this mean? i have never seen this on any car i have driven? I checked the rad fluid and it was perfectly full and not leaking a bit.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
mine does something similar while warming up. itll jump to the middle, then drop back down to where it should be. it does this as its warming up then just stays at the Normal operating temp part.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have the exact same problom as the OP, I kind of always though it was the temp sensor. But I would also be curious as to what it might be.

·
Registered
32 Posts
be real careful if you have this problem. i dont know what causes it but i do know that it will not show when it is running hot. this cost me a head gasket on day.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
could be a temp sensor. if you change it and it fixes the problem please let us know.

Post Edited (Jul 16, 6:55pm)

·
Registered
32 Posts
i just fixed this problem on my 87 z. it was the gauge itself. i replaced the instrument pannel and it started working. so you might try that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.