ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '83 nt (non-turbo, is this the right abbreviation?) with digital dash, and the temp gauge hardly ever works. I've seen it come in once or twice, but mostly it just acts as though the engine's still cold, even after 20 min. of idle. I'm kind of confused about the coolant system--there seems to be one sensor mounted by the heater hoses, one on the thermostat, and one on the throttle chamber (I don't get it at all, but there's a tube running from the unit where the last sensor is to the coolant lines on the right side of the block.) The wire connections *look* solid for all of them.

BTW, does anyone know where I could get replacement connectors? I'm doing some major injector work, and the connectors on the EFI harness seem pretty suspect (stiff cables, cracked dust boots, car has had leaky injectors, etc.).

--Doug

· Registered
137 Posts
My 83 digital only works part of the time. Most of the time it is pegged. The sensor on the hose turns the fan on after the coolant heats up. The one on the throttle body, I'm not sure. But the one on the block (near the hoses) is the sending unit. Advance auto parts have them for about $10.00. I have removed and cleaned the connectors to the dash cluster. That helped the "flickering" in the entire display, but didn't help the temp gauge. Advance auto parts have them for about $10.00, so I'm going to trey that..

RbM

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.