Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Tim Z,

Thanks for the detailed information about the Tec II system. You covered a lot of topics that answered some of my questions and some items I didn't know about. In your last post, you asked me a few questions. I'm using PAFZ software, 41 lb/hr injectors, a stock FPR and a stock cam. Can a stock FPR be used in this setup? I've heard that the Cartech unit is pretty good.

As far as phased sequential injector firing mode, I don't know if my system has that option. Other Mods include a HKS cat-back exhaust, HKS powerflow filter, HKS EVC and a intercooler (toyota supra 87...I think). I've been running about 10psi with the stock turbo and plan to run 12-14 psi (with stock turbo) once the Tec is up and running. Hopefully this gives you a better idea of what I'm working with.

Your description of the advance table and procedures helped a lot!!! Thanks for taking the time to describe everything in great detail. Much appreciated. I haven't tried any of this yet, (lack of time...argh!!) but I'll keep you posted.

Thanx
Scott

·
Registered
382 Posts
> Thanks for the detailed information about
> the Tec II system. You covered a lot of
> topics that answered some of my questions
> and some items I didn't know about. In your
> last post, you asked me a few questions. I'm
> using PAFZ software, 41 lb/hr injectors, a
> stock FPR and a stock cam. Can a stock FPR
> be used in this setup? I've heard that the
> Cartech unit is pretty good.

The stock FPR should be just fine, since you already have high-flow injectors, and have almost complete autohority over them. I say 'almost', because with big injectors, you could run into a problem with pulsewidth granularity at idle (i.e., you may not be able to turn them on and off quicky enough to reliably flow fuel at idle). This most likely will not be a problem - I'm running bigger injectors at a higher rail pressure, and don't have any problems to speak of.

The Cartech FPR is a decent unit, but it was really intended for use with stock injectors, to 'trick' them into flowing more when you are on boost. Your injectors have plenty of flow capacity, enough for about 480hp at 100% duty cycle (assuming that the 41lb/hr was rated at the ~36psi that your regulator creates - if they were rated at 45psi, then you still have enough flow for about 430hp), so you really shouldn't need the Cartech piece. Also, you should be able to get a more repeatable, precise calibration by using the constant pressure output (constant pressure across the injector, that is) of the stock FPR.

> As far as phased sequential injector firing
> mode, I don't know if my system has that
> option. Other Mods include a HKS cat-back
> exhaust, HKS powerflow filter, HKS EVC and a
> intercooler (toyota supra 87...I think).
> I've been running about 10psi with the stock
> turbo and plan to run 12-14 psi (with stock
> turbo) once the Tec is up and running.
> Hopefully this gives you a better idea of
> what I'm working with.

I'd be pretty surprised if you didn't have the phased sequential option. To use it, try setting the firing mode to 'alternate', and the divide by to 1. This should give you the best idle characteristics, as the injectors should now be firing in the same pattern as the ignition. The TOG and IOT settings that you mentioned should be reasonably close.

> Your description of the advance table and
> procedures helped a lot!!!

Glad to hear it - I was afraid that maybe I was getting too wordy..
Good luck - let me know how it's working out..

·
Registered
382 Posts
one other thing...

How did you wire the injectors? In other words, which cylinders were wired together, and what injector output do they go to? Just checking...

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: one other thing...

> How did you wire the injectors? In other
> words, which cylinders were wired together,
> and what injector output do they go to? Just
> checking...

I pretty sure I wired the injectors according to the manual. The injectors match up with their respective coils. I'll double check this weekend.
Thanx
Scott

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.