ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read about the TEC II systems in magazines and I am very intrigued. But they don't tell you enough. I did'nt even know there was one for a z car. How much do they cost? Is it even worth it to buy one for street use? Do they contribute to premature wear? Do they break? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
-Evan

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
> I've read about the TEC II systems in
> magazines and I am very intrigued. But they
> don't tell you enough. I did'nt even know
> there was one for a z car. How much do they
> cost? Is it even worth it to buy one for
> street use? Do they contribute to premature
> wear? Do they break? Any info would be
> greatly appreciated.
> -Evan

Hey Evan,

If you haven't already, goto www.electromotive-inc.com, click on the site map and then click on the press releases and manuals. This will allow you to download the acutal Tec II manual (in PDF format. You'll need adobe reader...also free to download). This will give you a good indication as to what you're getting into (I didn't know and found out the hardway). As far as price, they range from $1000 to $1500 depending on bells and whistles. From what I hear, Top-End Performance (www.racetep.com) makes some parts that bolt onto Zs fairly well.
There are a few people here that talk about the Tec II system and most people have been very successful with installation and configuration. Unfortunately, I haven't been one of those people as of yet.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
> I've read about the TEC II systems in
> magazines and I am very intrigued. But they
> don't tell you enough. I did'nt even know
> there was one for a z car. How much do they
> cost? Is it even worth it to buy one for
> street use? Do they contribute to premature
> wear? Do they break? Any info would be
> greatly appreciated.
> -Evan

Hey Evan,

If you haven't already, goto www.electromotive-inc.com, click on the site map and then click on the press releases and manuals. This will allow you to download the acutal Tec II manual (in PDF format. You'll need adobe reader...also free to download). This will give you a good indication as to what you're getting into (I didn't know and found out the hardway). As far as price, they range from $1000 to $1500 depending on bells and whistles. From what I hear, Top-End Performance (www.racetep.com) makes some parts that bolt onto Zs fairly well.
There are a few people here that talk about the Tec II system and most people have been very successful with installation and configuration. Unfortunately, I haven't been one of those people as of yet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.