ZCar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1983 280zx n/a 5-speed t-tops
13 Posts
Take a look at this if you haven't seen it yet from over on xenonzcar. He has a little discussion on fixing the belts (which seem to be the trouble) on these decks. That is if the electrics are good.

Or are you talking about the entire stereo and cassette unit? If so,please describe in geater detail what the problem is.

·
Registered
1983 280zx n/a 5-speed t-tops
13 Posts
Cassette Deck Refurbishment

Sorry, forgot to include this.

If you search 280zx radio repair there are still some shops that will work on them. Or find a radio repair shop that might want to tackle the job.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cassette Deck Refurbishment

Sorry, forgot to include this.

If you search 280zx radio repair there are still some shops that will work on them. Or find a radio repair shop that might want to tackle the job.
Thanks for this info. I have spoken with many repair shops but am yet to find anyone interested in giving it a shot. It is kind of strange. The stereo works fine. Great scanning/tuning. Antenna works great. The tape deck will accept the cassette tape but the PLAY button will not depress at all. Like there is something blocking the actual button. Ejects fine as well. This is a beautiful all original car so I really would like to have it at 100% if possible. Thanks again!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for this info. I have spoken with many repair shops but am yet to find anyone interested in giving it a shot. It is kind of strange. The stereo works fine. Great scanning/tuning. Antenna works great. The tape deck will accept the cassette tape but the PLAY button will not depress at all. Like there is something blocking the actual button. Ejects fine as well. This is a beautiful all original car so I really would like to have it at 100% if possible. Thanks again!
I can’t offer a solution. But I can say that my ‘82 has the exact same issue and I tried to extract the unit from the under dash mount a couple months ago and eventually gave up. Can’t reach the nuts without taking the dash apart. I felt if I could get it out of the car a local shop that works on older radios could fix it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I really appreciate your responses. I may give it a go myself. Really in no hurry though. Best to you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts