ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently my tape deck has failed, neither the button on the radio nor the button on the steering wheel work at all, the system just stays on the station it was on, the rest of my sound system works fine. Has anyone else had a similar problem and does anyone have any reccomendations?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol, I looked into replacing with an aftermarket system and did actually replace the speakers but I like the control the 9 band EQ and steering column controls give me.

That and the stock unit just looks cool in there.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I actually just threw away my old Tape deck, but it was out of my 84 and so wouldn't work anyway. I saw now reason to keep it anymore as I don't even have the 84 anymore. Although I could shoot the ******* that put the CD player in my car before I owned it and *Cut* the original harness. Man I hate it when people do that. Its easier and better to buy the danged harness and retain the old connectors. Oh well, what can you do. Later.

·
Registered
455 Posts
i am towing a parts car in its a 2+2 and has no title so i will check and see it will be around the beginnig of september if you would post again i check these almost every day i would gladly sell you one

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
you don't have to take out your tape deck, lose the 9 band EQ OR lose steering column controls, you can add a six disk changer in the back under the hatch somewhere, that way you keep everything but you'll be listening to CD insted of the 1980's tape deck, it's 2005 you know ;-)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Interesting I may do that later but a quick question about that, would I lose use of the tape deck (assuming I got it working again) after doing that? Right now I have an iPod tape adapter in there that has been very useful

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
no you wouldn't lose it, the way you'll hook up the six disk is through one of the FM stations, everything else remains the same.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.