ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Q) Does your car have the Talking Lady?
A) Simplest way to check - remove the quarter panel that conceals the spare wheel and look for a box sitting near/on the strut tower.

Q) What years did she come in?
A) 1983 is my understanding, though possibly some 82 cars also.

Q) How to check if she is working?
A) You'd know if she was... Leave your lights on and she should let you know about it. Or when your fuel warning light comes on she should sound, etc.

Q) Can I disconnect if not working?
A) I presume it would be as easy as disconnecting the bundle of wires going to her box (as per Q1)

Q) Can I do anything to get her working?
A) Depends on what is wrong... Is the radio system original? If not, and lady is installed but not working, set her off and listen to the box to see if she activates. If so, then her voice has probably been cut (she speaks through the front middle speaker.

These are all just my vague understandings of the Lady which I am myself trying to instal into my 79 280zx here in Australia. She was never sold over here.

Look out for Madeline, as she's the real expert...

·
Registered
571 Posts
Hello Lee

Did you check what Ozzy asked?
You need an 82 or 83.
Turn on the lights with the engine off and keys out as the Oz said and open the rear hatch and listen for clicking around your spare tire, clicking would be good as she just lost her voice and can be fixed.
I have talking ladies but when I send them to people I never get my investment back. All I want is a Pizza in exchange, a coupon my work. I have a lady in mint condition all pretty and I have others but they all work.

Madeline Michele
Hollywood, Fl

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.