ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this was my project for this past winter, not enough funds or resources to do the turbo conversion so im saving that for next winter. However the engine is finally assembled and running.
Now ive got a ton of body work to do. :-/

Before, this pic is too show you how filthy this engine and engine bay actually were.

After

Theres still some detail work that needs to be done like the engine wire harness, its just kind of sitting there without wire loom.
Im going to finesh all the body work first though.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Good job, did you paint your own engine bay? I was going to paint mine also but I ended up cleaning everything and just coating it with this rubberized spray it turned out pretty decent.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes, first I pressure washed it with grease lighting and all the tiny rust spots were either ground down or treated with POR 15, then everything was scuffed up with a 220 grit paper then I sprayed it with ppg Primer and then 2 coats of an acrylic urethane cause I wanted the glossy finesh but I didnt want to have to wetsand and then spray a clear coat. Im happy with it, its just too bad you dont see more of it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.