ZCar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(reposting this from my post in the Megasquirt sticky thread.)
How do you guys recommend wiring up the existing tach to work with a Megasquirt system. I just finished Godzilla Motorworks MS plug and play system install. The car is a 81turbo with an 82turbo motor and 5spd trans. It started and runs on the new wiring and MS ECU base tune. It just needs to have a final dyno tune done. I would like to finish the project with all gauges working. Currently the water temp and tach do not work. Any suggestions on how to get these working again with the new ECU? I would be greatly appreciated any advice anyone has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
656 Posts
What are you using for spark? If you are using the stock coil (either N/A or Turbo) then the Tach should be wired as stock - blue wire connected to the "-" post of the coil.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What are you using for spark? If you are using the stock coil (either N/A or Turbo), then the Tach should be wired as stock - blue wire connected to the "-" post of the coil.
I am using the existing coil setup. Connecting the blue wire does not work. The original factor FI wiring and ECU have all been removed. In its place is the Godzilla Raceworks wiring. When I removed the original factory FI wiring, there were two spots where it connected to the main wiring loom. I have tried to trace the wiring in the factory service manual, but I am still unsure of which wire provides the signal to the tach. Any additional advice would be welcomed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts