ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently working on the T56 tech article for Zcar.com. This is a big area that JTR missed in their documentation. They tell you to use the T56 because it is so good, but they don't give any real usable details of the install and the clutch assembly which is different than any other type I have come in contact with over the years.
Many pics will be included....
Mike

·
Registered
382 Posts
Alright! that would be great!!!

I need this info! I know you used a special clutch assembly for your stroker, but what about a regular small block ( 327 )

Mike

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RE: Centerforce...

Makes every combination of flywheel for your "crank to trans" needs. I recommend buying a new flywheel thru them when you get the clutch kit. That way you know you have all the right parts..... Mine was drilled for the 400 crank and was externally balanced. Typically a good centerforce flywheel will be in the neigborehood of $200 and is done right. Go out to their home site www.centerforce.com and check out the different combos they have for flywheels and clutch kits. Ignore the prices, as they are retail and many of the mail order speed shops can get it to you for less.....
Mike

·
Registered
650 Posts
RE: Centerforce...

actually, if your gonna get a center force, there is no point in getting anything else other than a duel friction. but in all actuality...all your paying for is the paint job.

There is a place in san francisco called "Pacific Brake & Clutch" that makes custom clutches. you can have the same design as the CFDF for $200 (and yes i paid $300+ for my centerforce DF clutch). but you better hurry if your gonna visit Pacific...bob is thinking of going out of business soon. oh and he will shave your flywheel for 60-80. compared to the light metal C/F flywheel which costs more then then DF clutch package. just my $.02 again (hehe so whats that make now, a $1 on this message board today haha)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.