ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to remove the pop off valve located on the intake manifold that comes stock and replace w/ a aftermarket blow off valve? would it work correctly? And i would really appreciate any answers more indepth then "welllll it might" or "it should" cause that is all i have gotten from local shops...

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
just curious, why? Not being an ass, but just wondering.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
The BOV allows extra boost pressure left in the plumbing to vent when the throttle plate slam shut to prevent a shockwave back to the turbo eventually killing the turbo . The POV vents excess pressure in the manifold if the turbo should happent to OVER boost protecting the engine from over boost

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
****, I'm pretty stupid. I just realized what he was sayin. sorry

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
If you mean to replace the pov with a bov in that location then no it will not work. I think he wanted to do it this way because it would be easier than having to fabricate / install it somewhere else. BAM just pull one and drop in the other .
You can replace the stock POV with an aftermarket pov in that location . butmight as well leave it there untouched until your boosting more than the pov will hold.
good luck

·
Registered
782 Posts
Just plug your pov with a 1" plug and raise the boost to 12psi. <><>
^

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.