ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys thought I'd let you know how it was going with this swap! I am in the process of pulling the N/A crossmember and putting the Turbo one in!

88hybrid- got a question for you. When I got this JDM motor it had serpintine belt pulleys so I swaped them out of for my v belt pulleys was this a good idea? Also I mounted my altenator but I dont think the belt tensioner will fit on there without some modification :/ Anyway I don't think the stock V belts are going to work so I will have to buy some longer V belts. If this is a bad idea and should switch back to a serpintine belt let me know. :)

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do you mean by not compatable? Becuase it all bolted right up all the pulleys are on the turbo motor. :-/

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
It should be compatible - when I was swapping in the 90' Maxima Alternator I had to swap my vbelt 85 n/a crankshaft and waterpump pulley's with those from an 87 turbo in order to match the Maxima Alternator's stock "poly grove."

It is a JDM motor though so it could be *completely* different.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well the crossmember has been swapped just took alittle coaxing after I took the sway bar and strut bolts out it came out pretty easy.:) Anyway the guy that is going to buy my N/A motor wont be able to pay me for 3 weeks so I guess the wheels and tires are going to have to wait.:(

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Id stick with the serpentine style belt, As long as it is not too much of a bich,
I dont think there is a differance though. Newer cars use the Serpentine style belts for a reason, guess you need to be an engineer.

What side was the Alt on to begin with?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well the reason being the JDM motor didnt come with a Alt so all I have is the Alt off the N/A which has a V belt pully but I guess after awhile I could hunt down a turbo car and take all its pulleys off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.