ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brothers 87 300zx came with leather seats.........the driver seat is totally gone, wires coming out everywhere, but the passenger seat is like new. Can I switch them, I know the controls will be on the wrong side, but at this point he really dosent care, will I have to swap sliders. Its his daily driver and he isnt a Z guy at all, he just bought it cheap. Now my 280zxt is totally nice. Im kinda incharge of helping him keep his car on the road, and I feel sorry for him, the seat is terrible, Ive looked in JYs for a replacement but there just as bad as his. So yes or no.

Thanks
Charles

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
You can just swap the fabric if you're so inclined. All you need to do is unscrew the back panel and there's a bunch of rings to snip. Use zip ties to hook the new fabric on.

I don't think you want to swap the seats as the seat belt will be inoperable.

I changed mine from Fu*%#$ up leather, to nice cloth.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Domdogg.............That was some pretty ingenious thinking on the fabric replacement of the seat. Props to you. Nice job.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great job...Im thinking our seat is a little to much messed up......it was in the same shape as yours 5 yrs ago, so now pretty much all the foam on our seat is really gone, wonder if the foam can be exchanged also?

It is really bad, I will post a picture tomorrow so you can see...not good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.