ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 2 weeks ago I had a brand new alternator go south on me. Since then I have had a wierd problem that may not have anything to do with it but started occuring after the alternator problem. When I start my 85 turbo in the mornings my S-N-F lights flash - well actually, whatever setting you ahve the swtich on does not flash but the others do. Sometimes you can cut the motor off and restart the car and it stops, sometimes it doesn't.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Bob

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
I dunno whats wrong but on my 86 Turbo that was what happened as the suspension failed. It kept doing that more and more until the shocks wouldnt work at all.

·
Registered
458 Posts
when the lights blink it means that the motors to adjust the suspension are dead

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Either in the Haynes or the FSM (<http://www.carfiche.com>) Has a check procedure on what the different blinking means.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
okay - haven't noticed any change in ride performance. I am not too concerned about it roght now until ti starts riding weird. I think there may be some wire that was knocked loose as it happened after we installe da new alternator - may have knocked a wire loose.

Bob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.