ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a 95 300zx NA 5spd 899000miles, which I have purchased recently. I knew there were some problems with the suspension. Anyway had the Nissan done the 90K service as a part of that they did inspect the car and what they told me regarding the suspension is exactly"Front Struts and rear shock absorbers need to be replaced" with a cost of around $1300. They didn't mention anything about springs. They did mention that the timing belt was an aftermarket, I assume that means it has been changed at some point.
Keeping the following points in mind what do you think I should do.

1. Want to keep the cost minimimum
2. Don't do racing
3. But love the twisting and winding roads
4. Daily spirited driving
5. Will change the front 2 tires as well + 4 wheel alignment.
6. Use either stock or aftermarket
7. If I go with adjustable I wouldn't change settings once I feel comfortable with one of the settings I like.
8. I don't want to lower the car.

Options: (I found)

- The dealer installations for strut/shock absorber is $1000-$1300. Plus another $300 for 2 tires + alignment.

- Big-O will install KYB GR2 on all 4 tires around $750
- 2 tires $260
- 4 wheel alignment $65
Total around $1100

I can get KYB AGX and the EIBACH Pro kit I guess and have BIG-O/Midas or sompe place install it.

Or go with KYB GR2or stock Stock

What should I do?
I deeply appreciate your input..

Thanks.

PS I live in the Bay area-California

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Stock will be much more expensive than the KYB GR-2's. I have them on my Maxima and am pleased with their performance on that car. I went with the KYB AGX's on my Z.

Keep in mind that your springs might be worn out too. Many people report that the ride height does not change or even rises a bit when they install the eibach springs because their stock springs were sagging so badly. I went with stock TT springs on my 2+2 and the ride height actually increased by about 0.5". I know for a fact that my springs were sagging though. The ride height had actually lowered since I bought the car (darn crappy St. Louis area roads).

·
Registered
63 Posts
I went with the KYB-Eibach setup and love it. I also added Stillen sway bars and the handling difference is night and day. So, needless to say I would reccomend the same for you. Keep in mind however that my Z is not my daily driver. Also, you might want to check put the classifieds at TwinTurbo.net for the parts you need. Good luck.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I do drive mine daily with the KYB/Eibach set-up, I love it. Although, it did cost me about $1100 due to all of the bushings and shock mounts being replaced at the same time. (I did the install work myself).

I recommend you go to to the Concept Z website and see what specials that COZ is running.

Good Luck,

Glen
78 280Z
94 300ZX 2+2

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
haha Z1 that was my reaction as well.....impressive

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
Dude, do it yourself and save a ton. Get the write up on TT.net buy the KYBs, because stocks are way overpriced these days. Seriously if i can change shocks/struts anyone can. It will take you about a day to do it and you will learn a ton about the car.

Dealer = child molester......1300 bucks did you ask where the "no charge" butt rapin' would take place?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.