ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey in the next two to three weeks I will be puttin new springs or shocks on my car, this is where I have questions.

My car right now bottoms out a lot and when I turn the corner my car does not like it at all. What is the best strut for Performance/ To good ride? Should I replace my springs?? Should I replace my cars struts in pairs or all four??

While i have my car apart should I repace my busshing and all those old rubber parts from the suspension with new urethate Gmachine one because later in the year I will be racing my car??
When I pump up my cars engine should i change the sway bars to beefer ones??

Should I get better anit-sway bars or what??
A lot of Questions...

Dustin Morris

·
Registered
486 Posts
Definitely replace the bushings while you are at it, so that you will only have to get one alignment. And do get an alignment afterwards, even if you have only touched the struts, it moves the alignment a little. I put the motorsport urethane bushings in, they are very good. I am not sure who they are by anymore, I think they are also G-machine, but cheaper than buying them at Vict. Brit. I put tokico springs and monroe struts on my 83 and they are okay, but I wish I had better struts, KYB's or something. The springs did lower the car though, so beware if you do not want it lower. My jack does not fit under my car now, it is a little pain, but worth the performance and minor extra trouble. Have fun, it will be a blast to drive. The springs are a little expensive, but good.
Joshua L.

·
Registered
90 Posts
> I put new stock springs on my 72 240 and KYB struts.

I like the stock springs because I want my 240 to have the stock height.

THe KYB's are very good.

The bushings were all replaced with stock components.

I'm happy with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.