ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stillen Team makes an adjustable camber arm and upper control arm for improved tire wear, but only for 300Z's. I own a '75 280 with stock suspension and would like to add the same to my car. Does anyone out there know of an aftermaket supplier of similar parts for early Z's like mine. Any info or leads appreciated.

·
Registered
5,935 Posts
Yes, although totally different in design. Your Z has a strut type suspension with only lower control arms. You can adjust camber by slotting 3 bolt holes were the struts mounts at the top, or you can install lower control arm bushings with some adjustability. Or you can go all out an get custom made adjustable control arms, they are pricey and only a few people make them for the older Z's.

Your stock though, so are your tires wearing on the inside edges? These cars sag over the years as the springs weaken, when you lower Z's you gain negative camber leading to inside tire wear. If this is your case going with new stock springs and new struts should restore the geometry.

If you are looking for performance contact Ground Control Racing (groundcontrol.com) or do some searches on this site for suspension.

Matt

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.