ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm replacing all the strut cartriges on the 240. When I disassembled the springs from the struts there was no internal rubber bumpers/sleeves (not boots) mounted below the insulator and bearing, my shop manual does not address/show these items, and the parts breakdown list i have does not have them either. However in Victoria British catalog they have them listed at 29.95 each. What I noticed on the underside of the TOP Spring plate was some deterioated rubber substance.
So the question is: do I need these rubber bumpers and if so what is there designed purpose.

Again thanks in advance for you help.

mike

· Registered
2,284 Posts
Hi Mike---------------Those would be the bump stop spacers. They are there to prevent the struts/springs from bottoming out under severe compression. They are cheap insurance in eliminating damage to struts/springs. I highly recommend you use them.

Roadman
Gulfport, MS

· Registered
44 Posts
go to www.suspension.com hwe is theeeee best priced for sus parts as far as bushings go his stuff is all energysuspension urathane im in the middle of redooing mine right know if you havent bought strus yet id recomend tokico luminas have them on my 280zx i threw away my 6mo old kyb gr-2 they are junk just a lil advice after using both
good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.