ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a 73 240z and was going to do a little suspension and engine work.I saw a urethane bushing kit called HYPER-FLEX SYSTEM from energy suspension. Any good? What other brand should i check out? I was going with eibach springs and tokico struts but want to do no cutting of my car. What model of springs ans struts am i looking for? I was going to add sway bar too. mabey 1" in the front and 7/8" in the back? sound ok? Do the strut tower braces work? If so should i get on for the front and the back? what else should i look for when doing the work? I was also going to get so z therapy carbs and a new distributor. Any other comparables i should look at with those. Any help with what works well for you would be helpful. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Hi suntadz------------The Energy Suspension bushings are comparable in quality to other brands. Lots of people are running these bushings without problems. I'm running the Eibach progressive rate springs on my '70 240 along with the Tokico non-adjustable struts. I am very happy with this combo, although some folks consider the progressive rate springs too harsh on rough roads. I'm more interested in handling than comfort, and have adjusted to the firmer ride with no trouble. You won't have to do anything to your car in the way of cutting to run these springs and struts. I did spring for the bump steer spacers, since they are helpful in returning the suspension to proper configuration after the car is lowered. The Eibachs dropped my car about an inch. The sway bar upgrade is a popular one, but be careful. I've heard that too much stiffness in the rear bar will upset the balance, and severe oversteer can result. Get advice from the parts supplier on this, they usually have some good input. Strut tower braces are a good addition, and help to firm up the car in corners. If you have the budget, go for it. The carbs from Z Therapy are, IMHO, the best thing you can do for your Z. If your '73 still has the flat top carbs, you won't believe the difference in the way it performs with the round top SU's. I've been using these carbs for two years now, and am completely satisfied with them. Order them with the SM needles for extra power. Again, if your budget will allow, get a pair of the K&N individual filters for them. Good luck, and keep us posted on your progress.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.