ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the past several months i have been getting everything that i needed to replace and improve the suspension on my 83zx. I got eibach springs, tokico struts, new tierods, new ball joints new bushings from motorsports. Two weeks ago i finally had time to install the final component, the bushings. That job ended up to be the worst part of everything that i did. The bushings that i got are meant to be installed in the control arms front and rear without the sleeves. I tried to press the sleeves out with a press but that did not work. I took it to a machine shop but they did not have any luck. What i ended up doing was using a hack saw and cutting the sleeve in two different places and then pounding them out with a screwdriver and hammer.
After all that work i was getting very pissed off. but after getting the new tires on and getting it aligned, i am extremely pleased with the results. The handling has improved 100%. and driving the car puts a smile on my face ever time i get take corners at speed.
Good luck to any one who wants to replace the bushings, the work is worth the work
Web 83 zx

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.