ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently looked at Arozonazcar's website and checked out their suspension products. Has anyone done business with this company? Are they pleasurable to do business with? They have a set of koni struts for $59 each, and I was considering purchasing them. They are said to be very stiff. I am in need of new struts and springs at all four corners, but don't want a backache. The way I see it, I might as well improve the handling since the suspension needs replacing anyway.....
JN
Austin, TX

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
> I recently looked at Arozonazcar's website
> and checked out their suspension products.
> Has anyone done business with this company?
> Are they pleasurable to do business with?
> They have a set of koni struts for $59 each,
> and I was considering purchasing them. They
> are said to be very stiff. I am in need of
> new struts and springs at all four corners,
> but don't want a backache. The way I see it,
> I might as well improve the handling since
> the suspension needs replacing anyway.....
> JN
> Austin, TX

I have not done business w/ them for years. I would give them a neutral responce from my previous experience.

These are not inserts that I would go with as they appear to be fixed stiffness (sp.) I have old (ie no longer made) Koni continuously adjustable cartridges in one car and I really like them.

I have Tokico Illuminas (5 posn adjustable) in another car. I really like these as well.

I have stiffer springs w/ the Tokico's & stock w/ the Koni's. Urethane bushings on EVERYTHING. Tokico's will not go as soft as the Koni's. Both will make you want a kidney belt when set to full hard on a wash board road surface. Note: Urethane bushings will make ride harsher but not killer & are absolutely required IMHO!

Hope this helps some.

tomh

·
Registered
403 Posts
> JN
> Austin, TX

I have done business with them (or rather him). I can't say he (Dave Epstein) is terribly pleasurable to do business with as he's usually pretty cranky. But Everything I have seen and purchased from him has been of good quality if a bit pricey (not necessarily overpriced, mind you). I live in Phoenix so I have seen most of the parts firsthand. The Koni's he has were purchased from a fire sale and I had them in my previous Z (the competition style infinitely adjustable ones) They definitely stiffened the ride. I don't know if those type are still available though. The only catch to them is that the box was water damaged (big deal). The other bad thing with these Koni's was that adjusting them required disassembly of the strut to do so. But that's just the design. I know he does prefer to do his business mail order rather than locally, but in any case if he has them still the price is definitely right. I wish I'd have put them in instead of the KYB's (not that they're bad, but they're not the best by any means either)
One last thing is that he doesn't update the webpage very often so alot of what's on there isn't necessarily around anymore.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Re: Top quality

> JN
> Austin, TX

Josh, I have purchased a set of injector connectors from A.Z. (the quick-disconnect style) and they are top-quality. His catalog used to clearly state ALL parts unless otherwise stated are for off-road use only. that means racing parts to us. so you should expect he is telling you the truth. I would never hesitate to order parts for the appropriate application from him. BTW, I have a pair of rear Koni's that fit '78 280s. they are the style that adjust after dismantling the strut. Brand new in the box (not water-soaked) $50 each. + shipping.

Tim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.