ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a set of webber dvgs that need some cleaning up and i need to make some sort or throttel linkage for them is it worth the time and money or are the sus just as good

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
you think so KEINoze? I don't think so. The DGV's are trickier to tune and adjust; they are a more complex (modern) carb. But when you get them right, they make slightly more power, although it's not a dramatic difference. They give much better throttle response(they have an accelerator pump), stay in tune and sync much longer, have bearings on the throttle shaft that don't leak, and get you a slight improvement in economy. Is it worth it to switch from a good set of SU's? I don't think so. But if your SU's are leaking around the shafts, or you have the smogger setup like on 73's and 74's, and you know how to tune a Weber, and already have a set of Webers, or access to a cheap set, then they definitely can be a good choice. One thing for sure....rebuilding a DGV is a whole lot cheaper than having Z therapy re-do throttle shafts.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I agree with both of you on this subject. I ran SU's for about 10 years until
I could hear the vacuum leaks around the throttle shafts, I picked up a
Pair of 32/36 DGV's I ordered a rebuild kit(s) from Bap Geon, spent a Friday
Night rebuilding them, then I put them on Sat morning; it took me about an hour 1/2 to tune o.k. after driving, re-tune, driving re-tune they were
Perfect, you can really feel the power when the secondarys open up.

SU's Stock with good throttle shafts is excellent I am now running them
Again, I still have the DGV's as well.

Either one is a good setup if you are good at tuning, and your hardware is in good shape, (SU's that don't have leaky throttle shafts), (Webers DGV's that have good accelerator pumps)

You can order a linkage kit and rebuild kit for the Webers cheaper than it will cost you to have your SU's overhauled by ZTherapy, been there done that, good luck.

·
Registered
419 Posts
screw the dgv's and spend that extra 500 bucks and get a set of tripple dcoe's. then you will feel the power.

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
I don't believe turning the air 90 degrees and then heating it up before going into a sidedraft manifold is a way to make more horsepower. Those weber manifold adapters are bad about puddling fuel, that's why they had to run hot water through them. Given you are still breathing through the same size hole the SU's did, it's not going to flow more air. If the webers made more power on someones car than SU's, the SU's weren't tuned right and probably had aftermarket air filters on them which kill even more power.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys ill just stick with the sus on my 240 since they are in fairly good condition

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.