ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, a friend asked me to find out if anybody has done the jaguar su setup yet, and if it works right. i kno the jags come with the 2" su's thats 50mm carbs, so that would be a great improvement for a 3.1l stroker or l28 motor with carbs. let us know the facts if you have any.

· Registered
1,163 Posts
The 2" SUs from a Jag run fantastic on a L. Much better than the stock ones. I have sat in friend's car before and after he changed to the Jag SUs and the car ran like a drunken man in a barrel going off the side of Niagara Falls (??). Ok it ran fantastic... Highly recommended, especially if you have a cam, and header\exhaust work also done. The Jag SUs really help the car breathe..

Regards - Yasin

· Registered
20 Posts
It is good to see some other people who have picked up on the same thing
I am using on a 510 with a 2L and it looks standard ?? but mine came from a
Rover 2000TC look at some of the self service junk yards

· Premium Member
3,547 Posts
I've got a pair on my 3.1 liter. You'll need to kluge up a linkage for them, and use the thinner 260Z spacers/isolators between the carbs and manifolds. You'll also want to hog out the manifolds to match the carbs. Otherwise, they bolt right on. Noticeably better high-rpm breathing at the track, with no driveability probs on the street.

They're kinda difficult to find, though. I got lucky and bought a set that had already been used on a Z, so the linkage had already been done.

Dan Baldwin
'71 240Z 3.1
COMSCC #7 SPB

· Registered
62 Posts
i don't know about that, from what i've read and heard su's can get some serious power to match webers or mikunis. i bet ztherapy.com could help in the matter and give weber a run for their money(not to mention ALOT cheaper too).

Matt

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.