ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright... I've noticed lately that my car will surge while the accelerator pedal is being held steady. Its not a real bad surge but it is definately noticeable. I've checked and replaced alot of things...new fuel filter, new spark plugs, cleaned fuel injectors, checked resistance of wires, replaced a few vacuum lines but not all of them, new air filter, new exhaust system...So what in the heck could be causing this. Generally it happens when it is cold but it does happen other times as well. Let me know what you think guys and gals...thanks for the help

Scott
82 280zx 2+2

· Registered
567 Posts
I would say its the spark plug wires. I had this happen in my truck and what it turned out to be was the col wire was arcing with some of the harness wires running next to it. I went stock wires and hasn't happened since

· Registered
3,319 Posts
I think you are on the right track with the vacuum lines, just keep replacing them. Also, a faulty EGR system often causes a surging feel especially while under load, ie driving. You might want to disable the egr and see if the problem goes away.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.