Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
I can see a kit car here...

I can see a kit car here...
a little fiberglass here, an Old Aroura V8 conversion there and Wha-La! A Shelby-Z!

It's not a Z, but it is a racecar made for the road. Around 100 grand I hear...

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
RE: Panoz

No way! i don't think Panoz looks like that....the panoz has those big bug-eyed headlamps and no fenders....
I DO think it looks like a Z now that I see the two side by side. That hood is the coolest....like a Lotus Elise

Have they put that Shelby into prooduction yet?
I heard they sold out on the pre-order....

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
The other Panoz

Hey!
You are talking about different panoz model - the hotrod style. This one is new - roadster coupe. I am pretty shure of it!

Eugene

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Esperante?

The new roadster is Esperante I think....its in Kit Car magazine...

Shelby Cobra is definately cool.

Becauz it looks like a Z!!

·
Registered
482 Posts
I've seen & heard the Panoz GTR (Le Man Racer)

Saw the Panoz GTR, the one that looks like the batmobile at Laguna Seca last year with a Ferrari SP333. They were there to promote the GTR race series, and did a couple of laps for the crowd. Man that thing is one mean sounding piece of machinery. You could hear that thing from the other side of the track. When it went by, the ground shook and you could feel the sound vibrating on your body. Definitely an awesome sight and sound. Of course, my girlfriend of the time couldn't quite get into it. Of course she's gone now!!

That Esperante sure looks like a convertible Z car though. Panoz sure has a good eye for style, our clasic Z cars. Maybe we can get him to put that 6.0L 600hp V8 into our Z!

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
The car is new Shelby Cobra. They will built them for custom order only, so don't expect to see it at local car dealer. Two built to date. If you have extra $110,000 laying around I can give you the tel number.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>Look for the 240Z in Gran Turismo II</b>

Gizmo, thats the vicious Shelby car, without a doubt. But, look for a mild manored version of the 240Z to show up in the summer release of Gran Turismo II. Sony has released a few pictures from the game and the 240 was there. (It it's original orange paint no less.)

I'm sure the car will pale in coparision to the super cars that will show up in the game, (Lotus, Vector, Possibly a Diablo VT Roadster), but it's nice to now that the designers were thinking pf us when they designed the game.

Also look for a few more domestics to show up, including the '98 and '99 Mustangs, Cobra and GT. Chevy will once again have cars, long with Oldmobile and several Chrysler cars. Look for several concept cars to show up from various production lines, such as Mitsubishi and one from Nissan. I believe both of them will be the ones released at the Detriot auto show, last year. Which means, the concept car from Nissan may be the rumoured new Z concept. This, Sony hasn't, and won't release. They just said that there will be a nissan concept. It may be the car that Nissan was going to use in the 24 hours of La Mans, but tech inspections months beforeed, rendere it illegal. So, that may be the one the designers use. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.