ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have been looking around to see what i can do to my ride, to get more power, aside from nitrous. I saw that jim cook racing offers a supercharge kit, but i remember a while back somebody posting a link to a dual screw supercharger, by i don't know what company. Who makes others. Also how low is my compression supposed to be? Just like turbo? I have been building a 3.0L engine with the basics. Right now the E31 head i am using will have high compression, something like 11.5:1 I want to get more out of it if possible. The head has had just about everything possible done to it, 45mm intake 38mm exhaust port/polish, 3 angle job, high performance cam, and was milled down also. I intend for this engine to be fast but not a daily driver. The block is bored out to 87mm, using the diesel crank l24 rods, had everything balanced, block linehoned and decked. The pistons are the 720 truck pistons with the dish milled down flat. That created a flat top piston, that has 0 deck height. I am going to use the MSA 6~1 hedders, round top su's for now, had them rebuilt am also thinking about boring them out and doing a swirl polish job that helps air flow. What else can i do to help with power. Is there something i missed. Thanx for reading and for any help

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
Do you have a phone # or E-mail address for Jim Cook racing? I think if you could reverse flow your cooling system and run an electric fan and waterpump, while also running a high-output alternator, you could pick up a sizable HP gain. I have never tried it, but also run a on/off switch for your alt. and install a 400 ohm resistor on your temp. sending unit to fool a cool motor into thinking it is hot for a richer mixture on an EFI car.

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
Do a search for "overheating" written by "tonyD" and this post will enlighten you. I am always on the lookout for new ideas for mileage and performance and this idea seems to address both by cooling the head first and allowing more spark advance. Good luck!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.