ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a turbo is the best route to go for a Z car, but I just did a LOT of engine work on my Z and can't part with the motor now. I don't want to have to do a rebuild with proper pistons for a turbo, so I was wondering if the compression on the n/a motor is ok for a nice supercharger (pulley-style?) without much modifications?

·
Registered
657 Posts
are they stock internals........... if they are you can still turbo....... and probably do it for cheaper than the supercharger.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes they are stock internals... I just did the timing belt, water pump, fuel filter, oil/transmission/coolant change, struts, brakes, and am having the headgaskets replaced and the heads machined right now

·
Registered
782 Posts
Sounds like your ready for a turbo. I like supercharger for v8's but for a smaller engine a turbocharger is the way to go. You just do not see very many fast supercharged imports.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
You could run around 5 psi on stock internals, which would put you at about stock turbo speeds or faster.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Yeh the that supercharged z runs pretty good but an import just in not met to have a blower sticking out of the hood looks kinda funny. He pulls a pretty good 60ft I bet he is launching on boost with that roots blower, I think he pulled 1.8's, thats about what im going for next time I go to the track if my little halfshaft doesnt twist agian!

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
his name is Ryan Brassis, he posts as Ryan87 on z31.com although I haven't seen him post in a while. He's 16 years old, and installed that with the help of his dad.

Here is a video of him running pre-supercharger Right-click and save as

I was looking for more pictures but was having a tough time finding them. I'm pretty sure Zbum has some, maybe we'll get lucky and he'll post em.

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
I have a few more pictures of it. But I'm not posting them. He's asked me not to.

Sport Z Magazine is supposed to run something on this car in an upcoming issue.

And yes, he's planning on being at Branson Z Fest next weekend. Should be fun.

http://bransonzfest.com/05/

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
AZ - You still planning on being at the Branson Z Fest? I know you had some bad luck with your convertible. Last I looked you were making great progress on it. I finished replacing my clutch in time. I'm only going to make it up for Saturday but I am very much looking forward to it!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.