Rough picture of blower inside:

> JCR (Jim Cook Racing) offers a supercharger
> for L-series engines. It is in their catolog
> and it is a roots-type blower that looks
> like it's a Whipplecharger type, not like
> the Paxton or Vortech type. I don't have a
> price but it uses a holly pro-jection to
> supply fuel/air mixture (pro-jection,
> $$$$$$). It looks very simple to install.
> Contact JCR at 1-800-JCR-1440

I have a older JCR catalog, I think from 91'. Anyway the retail price back then was $3300.00 but they had a sale for $2800.00.

Said 200 plus horsepower at the rear wheels.
0-60 under 5 seconds
13 second 1/4's

Pretty cool but too expensive for me!

Dave

· Registered
107,597 Posts
> I have the same question for a long time and you know what I found a real good answer. It is a company in california called spiral max. what it does is it is a non moving supercharger that you put into the boot between your air filter to your air flow meter and you can also put one from the air flow meter to the manifold. you can have up to two units per tube so its posible to have 4
units on a fuel injected l28! with these superchargers, a ram air air filter system, and a big bore throttle body you could easily add 50 to 120 horses in about two and a half hours. you might want to check out motorsport auto for the air filter and big bore if you are interested. heres the phone # 1800-633-6331. You can get a 144 pg catalog for free. nothin but z parts. its awesome. Amd for just the superchargers you can go to spiralmax.com. its a very good web site. there superchargers will work on any car. for 2 units its 130.00 for 1 its about 60-70. you would want to do 2 if you wanted to really notice a difference. 4 would be just awesome. 4 units is what I am saving up for and I am probably ordering 2 of them this friday. its the best thing for your money.

· Registered
107,597 Posts
Explanation of bottle test, swirlygig worthless.

> YES, YES, YES!
> I have a friend who told me about this
> devise three months ago and explained how it
> would increase airflow, like getting the
> fluid swirling and dumping it out of a two
> liter bottle. It definitely will empty
> faster. Try it.

There is a big difference between emptying water from a bottle and getting more air into your cylinders. The engine is more or less an open system, whereas the bottle is closed. With a bottle, water can't leave unless air comes in. When you get the water swirling, the centrifugal force holds the water to the sides of the bottle opening and allows water to leave and air to enter simultaneously, so you end up emptying the bottle faster. But try this: cut a big hole in the bottom of the bottle to let air in as you empty it. Now compare emptying the bottle with water swirling or not swirling. With this setup, the swirling water will take longer to empty. The passive swirlygig is worthless junk, plain and simple. It can only add restriction to airflow. If you wanted to improve combustion, you'd have to do what every automaker has done: change the flow of air into and within the combustion chamber itself. This doesn't add lots of power but does reduce unburned hydrocarbons and other pollutants, and the automakers have had to drastically improve the cleanliness of their engines lately.

Ask yourself this, if the swirlygig worked, why haven't automakers installed them on their cars from the factory, and don't tell me because it would be too expensive for them. Any fuel or horsepower advantage is worth huge bucks to them.

My $0.02

Spend your hard earned dollars on a K
> & N filter and other intake and exaust
> mods, not the Swirly gig.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.