ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Read Only
3,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone tell me if there has been a sunroof put in a Z is there anyway i mean anyway possible to remove it and fix it to where it looks like it wasnt there or will you be able to tell irregaurdless of what you do? thanks in advance.

james\
pittsburgh pa

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Ha!

I'm currently in the process of doing just that, against everyones will. I have a '73 that had one of those cheesy aftermarket sunroofs. Needles to say, it leaked like a waterfall. What I did is cut the same section from another roof with it being 1" larger all the way around. The piece was put in from the inside and the welding done from the top in 5/8" long welds spaced about 2" apart. Yes it rippled the sheet metal, but I'm patient and determined, so with some work and alot of body filler and sanding, it will soon resemble the roofline it once was.

The way everyone says to do it is to have a new (another) roof welded one at the pillars on all four corners. This was not an option for me. That kind of welding job would cost a fortune and I only paid $400 for the car and it had been wrecked before so it's not a pristine car, just my daily driver.

Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.