Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All -
My "new" '71 240 has an interesting sunroof on it, and I was wondering if someone could tell me if it is aftermarket or the "T-Tops" designed by Dick Avery (of which very few were ever installed). I don't have my digital cam here at home, so I can't post a pic for a while, but it is a butterfly type sunroof where the glass opens to the door side of the car, and the hinges for each glass piece are attached to a solid bar in the center of the sunroof which houses a light in the interior. Hopefully I can post a picture soon, or better yet one of you might have a pic of the Dick Avery T-Tops so I can verify I have (or don't have) them.

TIA -

Z

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Re: Split Glass Sunroof

I don't know about the Dick Avery sunroof, but this type of sunroof was readily available in the 70's as an aftermarket add on to any car.

Basically it is the standard type of after market sunroof with the glass split and separated by a piece of plastic / metal / glass etc. The main "advantage" was for those people who wanted a sun roof that would open and vent the car, but whose companion didn't, hence the split opening.

Can't recall if you could remove the whole glass together or only raise the halves to vent.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.