Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all,

My stock L28 with N42 head and block is ready to be put together and installed into my 240Z. I plan on a triple SU carb system. Before I do so, I have thought of making some modifications for better performance. But I don't want anything radical, since this is my daily driver, and must remain reliable.

I know of many sites posting different modification items, but I really want to hear from those who have made such modifications to their cars. Items like cam replacements, type of fuel system, clutch, etc that you have tried and was pleased with the results.

Any input, suggestions, etc is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Since you are using triple SU's you will be able to get plenty of gas/air. If you mildly port the head and have a good valve job done, install a mild to medium cam then your head will flow well with the carbs. Then you should just make sure the exhaust doesn't restrict the flow.
Have you had any head work done or is it stock, a cam will help a little but you won't see all the benefits without improving the air flow through the head as well.
Also a mild cam will maintain streetability.
What are you using for ignition I would definetly go with electronic over points, this will not only give better reliablity it will also improve performance, starting and overall smoothness. I like MSD with a 77/78 280 Z distributor. I hope this helps, let me know I have lots of other ideas depending on what you have.

Matt

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.