ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a favor to a friend I ordered a 4 barrel manifold from Arizona Z-car, a 390 cfm Holley from Summit and the 4bbl linkage kit from Motorsport.

He installed these on a reasonably fresh 260 engine and put it all in a 2+2 w/ a 4 speed. (I didn't help at all and have never seen the installation.)

Mike is real pleased w/ the setup & performance but reports that he has not been able to find any air filter that will clear the hood...anyone else ever done this & know of an air filter setup that will work?

tomh

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Suggestions for Air Filter - 240 w/4bbl conver

I used a Edelbrock Proflo filter. At first it wouldn't clear but shaved the riser down and it barely clears. It's a decent filter, i'd much rather have a K&N but i've yet to find one to work.

> As a favor to a friend I ordered a 4 barrel
> manifold from Arizona Z-car, a 390 cfm
> Holley from Summit and the 4bbl linkage kit
> from Motorsport.

> He installed these on a reasonably fresh 260
> engine and put it all in a 2+2 w/ a 4 speed.
> (I didn't help at all and have never seen
> the installation.)

> Mike is real pleased w/ the setup &
> performance but reports that he has not been
> able to find any air filter that will clear
> the hood...anyone else ever done this &
> know of an air filter setup that will work?

> tomh

·
Registered
529 Posts
How good is the 4bbl setup?

I have a 4bbl manifold from Clifford. I have never used it, and, in fact, a friend has it right now, and he isn't using it either. How's the performance w/the 4bbl manifold. Do you loose any low-end torque? Just curious...

Thanks,

Ian

> I used a Edelbrock Proflo filter. At first
> it wouldn't clear but shaved the riser down
> and it barely clears. It's a decent filter,
> i'd much rather have a K&N but i've yet to
> find one to work.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: How good is the 4bbl setup?

I like the setup alright, but I don't know what the SU's are like considering I bought the car already with the 4barrel. The only problems that I've come around with are: 1.The power valve blew and kept belching up through the venturi burning my filter(nice little fire) 2.I constantly have to change jets because I've yet to find the right mixture. Right now I'm running too rich. Anyway I can hold my own with most cars on the road including some turbo Z's. by the way I've got a Holley 390cfm 4barrel. Oh yeah, 4barrels have the tendency to dump unburned fuel into the intake manifold on Z's since the engines were designed for side carbs. Electronic ignition and getting away from point distributors can cure most of that problem

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.