ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got a no rust 76-78Z for sale? Prefer real low bucks and I dont care if I doesnt have a motor or tranny or anything but the body as far as I'm concerned! Also must live near Charleston SC. Or within 500 miles or so....

Thanks all!
Larryjam

·
Registered
345 Posts
Just saw a 70k original miles, maroon, black interior, 5speed, near mint '78 sell at the west coast Z show go for $2,700. I looked it over close and it didn't have a speck of rust (not even on the frame rails under the battery.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've got a 78Z for sale. $400. It will be coming out in the autotrader tuesday. It doesnt run, but the body is very straight. Automatic with air and the engine is missing a fuel pump and some minor parts. I live about 20 miles south of atlanta.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Rust free 70-73 z's do not exist

Here is a test.
1. Go buy a plane ticket to CA or AZ or wherever you think you can find a rust free z.
2. Find the z you think is rust free.
3. Remove the fender, saw a hole in the frame rail.
4. With a flashlight, look in the hole.
5. What do you see?

Been there, done that.

·
Registered
345 Posts
RE: Rust free 70-73 z's do not exist

Mike may be right! Especially with regard to the early years. If you look hard enough you can find some rust somewhere (inside bumpers, on the front end sheet metal etc.)even on a new car. I guess it is just a matter of how much. I feel a car is relatively rust free if it has only some light surface rust that can be either Phosphored or sanded and primed/painted. My definition of a rusty car is one where the metal has eroded/blistered or worn through and requires substantial remediation.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Hey KKzracer - saw your message on the Z car discussion page. I have a 75 280Z - rust has got my frame and I might be interested in yours. I'm in Pittsburgh - saw from your mail you have PA classic tags. Drop me a line and let me know where you are - I'd like to see your car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.