Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all,

Feeling very frustrated here... any ideas how i can get an 8 gauge amp power cable into the engine bay ???

just cant see where i can get it thru !!!!!

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
use the search function. underneath master brake cylinder on drivers side. Or follow the ECU wiring into the passenger side wheel well and into the cabin.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was a little concerned about running the cable behind the engine due to the heat ... has any one done this and have you had a problem ?

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
just get some plastic split-loom to cover it. I didn't wan to do that either, as well as the fact that my amp location was on the passenger side, so I dropped it down into the fender by the batter, the ran it through a rubber grommet that was already there in the firewall. No need for the split-loom in my application.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
quality ... i tried to do that but i couldnt see where i could get it from the inside of the passenger fender into the car .. can you point me in the right direction of where it's located ???

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
After I brought it through the firewall through the hood release, I brought the wire up, and ran it across the top of the engine bay, along with the other wires. I also put it in the black split-loom covering.. been working fine. No noise, no problems.

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
just follow the wires right there next to the battery that drop into the fender well. then take ou the 4 or 5 screws that hold the black plastic wheel liner on (you don't have to remove the wheel, but turning it full to the left may make it easier). There in front of you (when looking into the wheel well behind the tire) you will see the ECU wire bundle, and thenone or two open rubber grommets that you can pull out and run wires into.

I just drilled a hole in the rubber stopped and passed the wire through so as to keep it sealed, but you could probably remove it completely if you want. I used a wire clothes hanger to snake through into the passenger footwell area, then pulled the wire in with that.

You COULD run the wire in with the rest of the ECU wires, but I think that might be a hazard having the 12V line laying on the rest of the ECU vitals. I ran the cable underneathe the carpet or door sill (I can't remember which) underneath my passenger seat where my amp is located.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah i have done the same my amp is on passengers side, and have run the cables under passergers side ... I'll give it a go ... thanks for the feedback i can finally get some BASE !!!!

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
you lose cool points just for remembering that crappy band, lol. Obviously they, and their producers were too stupid to know how to spell it too. Unless they're referring to military outposts or rounding 3rd.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
300zed,

You can run the wires right across the back of the motor and through the firewall by the master brake cylinder just like Haulnazz15 already said. You don't have to worry about the heat. All you have to do is the simple plastic lume over the wire and your good to go. It does all vary depending on how you have your set up.

Since you have yours setup on passenger side it just makes it easier and less cable needed to go through the passenger side. For mine I actually have almost all my wires running across the back of the motor and I haven't had a single problem with it. I have a much larger set up so sending them all together helps keep it cleaner.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
I ran a 4ga through the firewall just below the BMC. Used a rubber grommet to assure a nice seal as well as to protect the cable. Have had no issues with the heat, but then again I did use a split wire loom.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.