ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My question is does anybody have a suggestion on how I can find out how big these injectors are. I am finishing a turbo conversion for my 280 and I think I might be able to use my Subaru injectors instead of the stock injectors. I am guessing the Subaru injectors are about 21cc injectors because the 1.8 liter 4 cylinder Subaru must have about the same displacement per piston as a 280 enginge and 280zx turbo injectors, I believe are 21cc.

The injectors are from a 1.8 liter turbo Subaru I have no idea how to find out what size the are I checked the shop manual but it didn't say. I even called the local subaru dealer and they
couldn't understand that injectors have different flow capacities and ended up giving me the fuel pressure. I even tried to explain that the number would either be a reading in lb/hr or CC's but it
was no use. I called RC enginerring (they cleaned some injectors for me once) with the part number and they said it wasn't a bosh part number. I tried to explain that is was probably made in Japan under a bosh patent, but wasn't bosh-the guy could not understand or didn't want to admit he didn't have a clue.

any suggestions?

·
Registered
529 Posts
I would not even mess with the Subaru injectors. The reason is that you are dealing w/a turbo application and you do not know what the flow rate of those injectors is. I doubt that they will flow enough for a turbo L28. Knowing Japanese engineering, they probably flow barely enough for the Subaru. I would go with either the 280ZXT injectors if you are not running more than 11psi or call Jim Wolf for an upgrade. What I did on my application was order Ford Motorsport 30# injectors and built a billet rail to support them. They will be good to about 300hp. Don't mess with unknown injectors, man. If they are too small, you will run lean and detonate. You will undoubtedly kiss your pistons and rings goodbye if that happens. Trust me, I speak from experience!!! Good luck!!!

Ian

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.