Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the patient is a '73 240.

And the problem is VERY intermittent.

Driving down the road, Throttle is depressed about 2" down, load on motor, rpm's around 2300. Engine seems to cough or hesitate almost as if the ignition is cut for just a split second. (as it accelerates...)

This only occours under acceleration once in a while, just cruzin' seems to run fine.

Problem seems worse if non-choked...

Which by the way, the motor has better throttle response if it is half-choked, which leads me to believe it's running lean...

Thanks all! Have a great weekend!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Hmm... I would check the floats and make sure the carbs are synced. I would also clean the insides of the pots and pistons to make sure they are not sticking (causing hesitation maybe). If you don't have a factory service manual, get one. It has step by step instructions. Z-therapy (ztherapy.com) has a great how-to video also.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info, checked out Z-therapy, spokw with Bruce, excellent guy / place to do business, I've only spoke with them briefly and I allready suggest that everybody at least check out the web site...(Ztherapy.com) Hey FantaZ, did you get the "Just SU's video" or the "Tune up" one?

·
Registered
197 Posts
The Just SUs' is just SU's, the tune-up

video covers SUs plus a bunch of other neat tidbits about keeping the old gals running.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.